WELCOME TO OUR PRACTICE WEBSITE – UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Welcome to the Metro Health Centre, our new and improved website is under construction. We’re working behind the scenes on a new website which will be released soon.
We WILL BE BACK VERY SOON
With a site where you will find lots of useful information about our medical centre and the services we offer.
Please visit this site to get the latest information and when our site will be up and running
Health care is a lifelong journey, and at Metro Health Centre, we’re with you every step of the way. We believe health care is not only about treating you when you are unwell, but also about keeping you healthier for longer.
The doctors of Metro Health Centre provide a full range of primary care services. All doctors are vocationally registered as general practitioners and undertake regular training to maintain their skills both within and outside the practice.
For all your health care needs please make an appointment with our caring providers.
Your health our priority. Healthcare that cares.
- Please do NOT present to a medical practice without first telephoning ahead if you are concerned about Coronavirus (Covid-19) or if you have any respiratory symptoms at all, such as cough, fever, sore throat, sneezing, runny nose, shortness of breath etc.
- Patients who are experiencing a Medical Emergency (chest pain, difficulty breathing etc.) please call an ambulance for transportation to the nearest hospital.
- Patients who are acutely unwell with Non-Urgent Conditions (normal medical conditions like: a fever, a respiratory illness, tummy pain, asthma flare, etc). You will be directed to a Triage phone consult with a doctor to determine if you can be treated over the phone, need to present for a physical examination, or be directed to a fever clinic.
- Patients with Routine matters (scripts, follow up of results and referrals) will be directed to a telephone consultation to see if this can be managed at home.
- Patients who require a Face to Face Consultation (these are the consultations that require physical interaction with the staff; a cervical screen, breast examination, skin check, wound check, rash, etc) we will still need to see in the clinic. Please inform us of this when you make the appointment, so we can arrange the correct time for you.
- We have a semi-closed waiting room policy. Only two people can sit in our waiting room at a time. If the waiting room is busy, wait in your car when you arrive – don’t come into the waiting room. You will get a call you when the doctor is ready to see you. Keep your mobile phone handy.
- We request that all payments be made by card only.
- All toys and magazines have been removed from public areas
- We’re cleaning and disinfecting even more than usual
- If you have symptoms such as a fever, cough, sore throat or breathlessness: Let us know when you book your appointment
- If attending for a face-to-face appointment, wear a facemask
We request all visitors, accompanying patients, to the practice have good personal hygiene, including regular hand washing and using hand hygiene solution as you move through our facilities.
Do not visit if you are unwell.
- One visitor per patient at any one time
- Visits are limited to 20 minutes maximum.
- No visitors aged 16 and under.
- ‘Non-contact policy’ which includes no handshakes or person to person contact
- Social Distancing of 1.5m minimum for everyone visiting the practice
- Alcohol based hand sanitiser has been provided to all departments including non-customer facing in addition to reinforcing a robust handwashing regime